Sunday 27 November 2011

Mitzvah Day 2011

Mitzvah Day was on Sunday 20 November 2011. On Mitzvah Day, around the world, thousands of people take part in hands-on projects, without fundraising, to support charities and to build stronger communities. The mission of Mitzvah Day is to reduce hardship and poverty, to help our environment and to bring a little hands-on joy. It is a way for everyone to make their mark regardless of affiliation, wealth, age, sex or nationality. Here are some photos, by Harry Borden, of my friends and family, who planted daffodils in the garden of the Marie Curie Hospice, Hampstead. I was supervising!


Karen my carer and Harry.

My wonderful team of friends & family!

Cake for hospice, kindly donated by Shelley at Grodzinski.


Touring the hospice which has been beautifully refurbished.







Giggles!


And work begins! 


























Eric & friends! 



 Dr Adrian Tookman - gotta love a hugging doctor! 






My other lovely doctor, Faye Gishen.








With Hospice CEO, Thomas Hughes-Hallett.



Meeting the Chief Rabbi, Lord Sacks.


























Back home for lunch.
It was a fantastic day! My thanks to everyone who helped me to give something back to my hospice, which is so special and important to me.

March 13 2012 - daffodils in bloom 







8 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures Sara -your hospice and the team of people working there look a lovely bunch of people-thank you for sharing your day with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a look Janet. Harry Borden is an amazing photographer and person! I don't think I'd still be around if not for the hospice. I'm very lucky.

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day Sarah. Brilliant to see the kids working hard and you look full of beans despiie the MND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter

    I'm trying to work out how to get the kids to help in MY garden!!!

    Best wishes

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Sarah! This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! ((((HUGS))) and happy belated Mitzvah Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah wow you look great, glad you had a fantastic day :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. It's great to see all the Smiles & the Support you have. Love & Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love daffodils! Just beautiful-and yes, you need to get the kids to plant some in your garden.

    ReplyDelete