Thursday 2 September 2010

Trapped

They said that my body would stop working
I thought they were lying
I was just like everybody else
With a new life kicking in my belly
They had to be wrong

I was forced to believe
When I couldn’t turn a key
Or cut strawberries
I tried to hide the carpet burn on my face
It was happening

Walking stick, frame to wheelchair
Independent, strong, woman, to baby
Fear followed me like a new shadow
I screamed ‘help me’
But no one could

They said I wouldn’t see my kids grow up
I think I’ve broken the rules
Because it’s stopped and I’m trapped
But I can still express myself
Which is everything

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Sarah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really embodies everything I know of you. I especially love the final sentiment. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you are so talented. This is wonderful. Can't wait to see what you write next.

    ReplyDelete